Sunday, January 6, 2013

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year


There is something about Christmas that is just 
magical to me. The certain smells and sounds that trigger memories from past Christmases. I love the tradition of it. I love having my family together and sharing all the joy the holidays bring. I hope you enjoy the few snippets inside the Brown Family Christmas. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.  

Caution: May cause inexorable salivation and an
increase in migration to the kitchen. 

This dish...My Mama's Famous 
Yam Casserole. Layered with tart 
granny smith apples, brown sugar, 
butter, yams and topped with perfectly 
roasted marshmallows. This is a staple
in every winter holiday gathering 
with my family. I know that once all 
the children in this family are on their 
own with our own little ones running 
around every holiday, every household 
will still have this on our tables. 
















<--
Every year since I can remember we have made massive amounts of Christmas Goodies. One of the house favorites is the Christmas Wreaths. 
--> 
 I'm pretty sure when people say..."Got your hang caught in the cookie jar??"...this is what it looks like.





My precious niece and nephew... Elliana Rae and James Mark Slaughter on
Christmas Morning!
Happy Birthday to Jeremy!!
My beautiful sister Stacia Slaughter and brother in law Jeremy.





 It was hard to not have my oldest sister and her family with us this year but we were blessed with a huge surprise visit from them for Thanksgiving! Miss you and love you Franceschini's! 
Flatirons Church Christmas Service. This was my families eight year anniversary with this Church and we still love it. 



Happy New Year! 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment